// Sterile Absorbable Gelatin Sponge (Porcine Origin) Haemostatic
MEDISPONGE® is a surgical haemostatic sponge, manufactured from highly purified neutral gelatin material exclusively from porcine origin for use in various surgical procedures, where traditional hearnostasis is difficult or impractical and use of other non-absorbable materials are undesirable. Available in different convenient dimensions in Gamma sterilized form with suitable double sterile blister packaging or pouches for special sizes.
- MEDISPONGE® should not be used in closure of skin incisions because it may interfere with the healing of skin edges.
- Plastic Surgery
- General Surgery
- ENT and Dental Surgery
- Orthopedics and Trauma
- Abdominal Surgery
- Anorectal surgery
Precautions & warnings:
- MEDISPONGE® is a sterile product and should not be resterilised, as it would change the characteristics of the product.
- Discard the unused portions of the sponge.
- Use of MEDISPONGE® is not recommended for infected sites.
- By absorbing the fluid, the sponge may expand and thus impinge on neighboring structures. Hence, minimal pre-compression is advised when packing into cavities
- In neuro surgery, it should not be left in closed cavities, since it may cause compression of the nervous tissues when it expands.
- While using MEDISPONGE® other normal haemostatic procedures including suture, pressure and ligature should be neglected.
|Product code||Product name||Product size [cm]||Quantity/box|
|MSES 1001||haemostatic sponge||8 x 5 x 1||10|
|MSES 1002||haemostatic sponge||7 x 5x 1||10|
|MSES 1003||haemostatic sponge||8 x 5 x 0.1||10|
|MSES 1004||haemostatic sponge||7 x 5 x 0.1||10|
|MSES 1005||haemostatic sponge||8 x dia 3||5|
|MSES 1006||haemostatic sponge||1 x 1 x 1||100|
|MSES 1007||haemostatic sponge||8 x 4 x 1||10|
|MSES 1008||haemostatic sponge||8 x 2 x 1||10|
|MSES 1009||haemostatic sponge||20 x 7 x 0.5||10|
|MSES 1010||haemostatic sponge||3 x 3 x 1||10|
|MSES 1011||haemostatic sponge||1.5 x 1.5 x 1.5||10|
|MSES 1012||haemostatic sponge||1.4 x 1.4 x 0.7||10|
|MSES 1013||haemostatic sponge||6 x dia 2||5|